Specialty Casualty Insurance
Ironshore Specialty Casualty® products are available for a diverse mix of industry classes including but not limited to: Manufacturing, Energy, Transportation, Agriculture, Commercial Construction, Restaurants, Hotels and Real Estate. Ironshore has the flexibility to structure programs and provide terms and conditions to meet the needs of complex organizations. Coverage is available on an occurrence, claims-made, retained amount, and integrated occurrence basis.
Ironshore Specialty Casualty® covers specialized general liability risks for a wide range of industry groups including Manufacturing, Energy, Commercial Construction, Services, Wholesale, and Real Estate. Our underwriters have the experience and knowledge required to understand complex coverage needs. With our flexible approach and comprehensive product offering, Ironshore has the capability to deliver innovative insurance solutions to address a wide variety of liability risks.
Excess & Umbrella
Ironshore Specialty Casualty® covers specialized umbrella and excess liability risks for a wide range of industry groups including Manufacturing, Energy, Transportation, Agriculture, Commercial Construction, Restaurants, Hotels and Real Estate. Our underwriters have the experience and knowledge required to understand complex coverage needs. With our flexible approach and comprehensive product offering, Ironshore has the capability to deliver innovative insurance solutions to address a wide variety of liability risks.
Ironshore’s Specialty Construction underwriters offer custom-built construction risk solutions, including commercial wrap-ups/project specific policies, owner’s interest and practice policies for subcontractors, commercial general contractors and construction-related businesses.
Classes of business include contractors for commercial general, drilling (water/well), drilling, drywall, electrical, foundation, heating & air conditioning, HVAC, plumbing, water & sewer, waterproofing and more.
Ironshore works with our energy wholesalers and producers to offer customized products that fits their client’s needs. We have experts in the field who understand the customer's operation and who can respond to the requirements of the market.
This includes Primary General Liability and Buffer Layers, Lead Umbrella and Excess. Target classes include but are not limited to oil and gas lease operators/ non- operators, seismic firms, drilling contractors, pipeline owners and operators, oilfield service/wire line contractors, well and mud loggers and perforating and completion contractors.
Ironshore Specialty Casualty® Alternative Risk provides countrywide Excess/Umbrella coverage for:
Risk Purchasing Groups for the following classes: Residential Real Estate, Commercial Lessors Risk Only, Hospitality, Higher Education, Retail, Wholesale, Manufacturing, Service, etc., and Homogeneous classes of business such as Elevator Maintenance, Security Guards, Pest Control & Limited Service Hotels, etc.
Ironshore Specialty Casualty® covers first and third-party risk transfer solutions for organizations operating in the rail space.
Our seasoned underwriting team has the expertise required to understand the complex risks and coverage needs of the rail industry. With our creativity and flexible approach, Ironshore delivers comprehensive insurance solutions to guard against even the most challenging rail risks.
Ironshore Specialty Casualty® offers excess liability products designed to cover a wide range of transportation risks.
Our seasoned underwriting team has the expertise required to understand the complex risks and coverage needs of the transportation industry. With our creativity and flexible approach, Ironshore has the ability to deliver comprehensive insurance solutions to guard against even the most challenging transportation risks.
Designers & Contractors Professional Liability
Ironshore's Designers & Contractors Professional Liability (DCPL) team of production and risk management specialists , includes experienced experts dedicated to providing quality products and services to architects, engineers and design-build contractors throughout the construction industry. Whether the method of project delivery is Design-Build, Design Assist, Bridging, Integrated Project Delivery (IPD), Public Private Partnership (P3), or traditional Design-Bid-Build, our experienced team is uniquely positioned to provide tailored and innovative insurance coverage solutions and industry specific risk management services to mitigate circumstances and resolve claims expediently and efficiently.
Owners Protected & Professional Indemnity (OPPI)
Owners Protective Professional Indemnity (OPPI) is coverage purchased by an Owner for a specific construction project to provide insurance protection on two levels:
- The OPPI Insurance product would indemnify the Owner for first party loss resulting from the Owner’s design professionals’ or design builders’ negligence in their provision of professional services when damages are in excess of the design professionals’ or design builders’ available professional liability insurance policies; and
- The OPPI Insurance product would provide a defense and pay damages for third party claims made against the Owner for negligent performance of professional services performed by the design professional or design builder retained by the Owner on the Owner’s project.
- Dedicated limits for the Owner for a specific project
- Supplements the design professional’s available limits providing additional coverage should underlying limits be exhausted through adjudication, mediation or settlement.
- Because OPPI is excess, sitting above collectable professional liability insurance, premiums are lower than traditional Project Specific Policies.
- SIR applies to all third-party claims and to first party Owner indemnity claims only if the available underlying Professional liability insurance limits have been exhausted by payment of unrelated claims.
- Provides coverage, excess of an SIR, if the Design Professional of Design Builder fails to maintain their professional liability limits or discontinues their professional liability insurance.
- The OPPI policy can be tailored to respond with coverage even if the Owner executes a contractual Limitation of Liability with the Design Professional or Design Builder
- Minimum premium is $15K for $1M limit
- Limits – Up to $15M