Types of Information We Collect on this Website
You can visit Ironshore’s website without revealing who you are or providing any personal information about yourself.
There will be times, such as when you request information or a publication, when we will need to obtain personally identifiable information from you or about you. Such personally identifiable information may include your name, company, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, etc. However, this information will not be collected without your knowledge.
The information we receive about you or from you may be used by us to process your inquiry or request; to comply with any law, regulation, or court order; and to help improve our website or the products or services we offer.
When you visit this website, we may collect usage information (including, but not limited to, IP addresses, browser and platform types, domain names, access times, and referral data) to help us understand how our website is navigated and used. This data does not include any personal information about you and is used only to measure and improve the effectiveness of our website.
Ironshore is an international group of companies with offices located in particular countries that may be subject to additional or different data protection requirements. Ironshore's website is hosted in the United States. If you are accessing the site from other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States and by providing your personal data you consent to that transfer.
How We Use Your Information/Use of Collected Personal Information
Promotional Messaging or Advertising
Any Promotional Messaging or Advertising material is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any product or service.
Ability to Opt-in/Out
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
When you engage us to provide insurance services, we may ask you for personal information (such as your name, social security number and email address) which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. We may combine the information submitted under various forms and services in order to provide customers with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give customers the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, you may "opt-out"—or say no to—having your information shared by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting us through our contact page. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
If you do choose to decline to submit personal information to any of our services, there may be some instances in which we may not be able to provide those services to you.
Information Collected from Other Sources
- Providing our insurance services to users
- Auditing, research, and analysis in order to maintain, protect, and improve our services
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network
- Developing new services
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties/Vendors/Service Providers/ Company Communications
- To transfer data to our affiliates from time to time for our legitimate business purposes. Affiliates shall be defined as subsidiaries, joint ventures and other entities controlled by Ironshore. Specific policyholder information, however collected, will not be transferred outside these Affiliates, subject to the exceptions set forth below.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business that are bound by an obligation to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To appropriate third parties as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations, in response to a lawful subpoena or information request from governmental authorities, and to comply with legal process.
Choices about the Collection and Use of Your Information
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by using one of the methods described above in 'How We Use Your Information – Ability to Opt-in/Out'.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by using one of the methods described above in ‘How We Use Your Information – Ability to Opt-in/Out'.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
- If you think that any personal information we have collected about you is inaccurate, you may send a written request for review to us at the address provided below. We will investigate your request and make appropriate changes if warranted.
Ironshore Marketing Department
28 Liberty Street New York, NY 10005
- You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Collection of Information from Children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. For more information about protecting your child's privacy online, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website at https://www.ftc.gov.
- Social Media Applications/ Information Shared on a Third Party website/network (e.g., Facebook)
- When you post on an Ironshore forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at:
Ironshore Marketing Department
28 Liberty Street New York, NY 10005
Confidentiality and Security
We will not add your name to mailing lists unless you specifically request that we do so. We do not share, sell, lease or rent our mailing or customer lists to third parties. We may, however, use third parties to help us administer e-mail alerts. If personally identifiable information (e.g., name, address, e-mail address, telephone number) is provided to any of these third parties, we will require that such information be maintained by them in strictest confidence in compliance with this section. We also assess new technology for protecting customer information on an ongoing basis.
We take the security of your personal information seriously and make appropriate technical and organizational measures against unauthorized or unlawful processing of personal data, and against accidental loss, destruction of, or damage to, personal data. However, although we take appropriate measures to protect the security of the information communicated through the website, no Internet-connected computer system can be made absolutely secure from intrusion. We, therefore, cannot and do not guarantee that information communicated by you to us will be received or that it will not be altered before or after its transmission to us. If you elect to use the website to communicate with us, you do so at your own risk.
Questions and Concerns
If you have any questions or comments with this privacy statement, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.