Ironshore recognizes the importance of the energy sector and has customized specialty product offerings to meet these unique needs.
Our energy specific Industry Practice Group is focused on providing solutions for the ever changing and demanding energy marketplace. Ironshore’s infrastructure provides access to senior leaders that have in-depth energy expertise, and our proven track record for smart, efficient service is well regarded in the energy industry. Ironshore’s dedicated Energy Industry Practice Group underwrites comprehensive coverages on commercial risks across virtually all classes within the Specialty Energy Sector including US and International Casualty, Environmental, Global Property, International Offshore Energy, Marine, International Liability, IronPro, Iron-Starr and Political Risk.
- Growth across all lines with our energy portfolio split roughly (50% casualty, 50% Property/Short Tail)
- Strong coordination between various product lines
- Coverage compliments existing comprehensive coverages on commercial perils across our diverse specialty book of business
- Access to multiple markets and Ironshore’s global distribution
- Coverage for up to $50M in limits for select business lines
- Downstream (Onshore): Refineries, Petrochemical and Chemical Plants, Gas works, Terminals and Tank Farms, Underground Storage, Chemical Fertilizer Plants, Marketing and Distribution of Petroleum Products
- Midstream: Transportation by Pipeline or Vessel, Gathering, Separation and Storage
- Upstream (Offshore): Explorations, development and production assets and activities, offshore and onshore. Production Platforms, Mobile Offshore Drilling Units, Floating Production storage off Loading Units, Offshore Construction activities, lease operators and non-operators, contracting over the hole and contracting down the hole.
- Mining: Underground Mining, Open Pit Mining, General Mining, Coal and Hard Rock Mining
- Other: Steel Manufacturing, Electric Utilities and Alternative Energy, Alternative Electric (wind and solar), Renewables, Nuclear, Power Generation and Paper & Pulp