Ironshore recognizes the importance of the energy sector and has customized specialty product offerings to meet these unique needs. Our energy specific Industry Practice Group is focused on providing solutions for the ever changing and demanding energy marketplace. Ironshore’s infrastructure provides access to senior leaders that have in-depth energy expertise, and our proven track record for smart, efficient service is well regarded in the energy industry. Ironshore’s dedicated Energy Industry Practice Group underwrites comprehensive coverages on commercial risks across virtually all classes within the Specialty Energy Sector including U.S. and International Casualty, Environmental, Global Property, Global Offshore Energy, Marine Cargo, International Liability, Professional Liability, Financial Lines & Excess Casualty, and Political Risk.
- Strong coordination between various product lines
- Coverage compliments existing comprehensive coverages on commercial perils across our diverse specialty book of business
- Access to multiple markets and Ironshore’s global distribution
- Coverage for up to $50M in limits for select business lines
- Global Expansion: Development of the Lloyd’s platform and international expansion in the Asian, Australian, Canadian, E.U., U.K. and Latin American markets
- Leadership: Experienced underwriting management team
- Growth across all lines with our energy portfolio split roughly 50% casualty, 50% Property/Short Tail
- Downstream (Onshore): Refineries, Petrochemical and Chemical Plants, Gas works, Terminals and Tank Farms, Underground Storage, Chemical Fertilizer Plants, Marketing and Distribution of Petroleum Products
- Midstream: Transportation by Pipeline or Vessel, Gathering, Separation and Storage
- Upstream (Offshore): Exploration, development and production assets and activities, offshore and onshore. Production Platforms, Mobile Offshore Drilling Units, Floating Production storage off Loading Units, Offshore Construction activities, lease operators and non-operators, contracting over the hole and contracting down the hole
- Mining: Underground Mining, Surface Mining, General Mining, Coal and Hard Rock Mining
- Other: Steel Manufacturing, Electric Utilities and Alternative Energy, Alternative Electric (wind and solar), Renewables, Nuclear, Power Generation and Paper & Pulp
Our coverage includes upstream exploration and production, mid-stream assets including finished product pipelines and gas processing, refining including topping plants, electric and nuclear utilities, Independent Power Producers (IPP), electric co-ops and Independent Service Operators (ISO) in the U.S. We also cover mining, both above and below ground.
- Limits up to $50M
Ironshore Environmental’s Site Pollution Incident Legal Liability Select (SPILLS) policy provides comprehensive environmental coverage for the energy sector, including oil and gas exploration and production, gas processing facilities, pipelines, storage terminals, refineries and gas stations. Other energy-related classes of business we consider are utilities, including coal and gas-fired power plants, alternative energy plants, petrochemical facilities and mines. Broad environmental liability coverage is also available for all classes of contractors working in the energy sector via our Contractors Environmental Legal Liability (CELL) policy.
- Capacity for both policies is $50M
Ironshore underwrites comprehensive coverage on commercial risks across virtually all classes within the specialty energy sector, including alternative energy, basic metals, chemicals, cogeneration, electric utilities, gas plants, pulp and paper, petrochemical facilities and refineries.
- Capacity of $25M is available for all classes
Ironshore Political Risk products are organized around the international and domestic trade flows and foreign investment strategies of our clients. Internationally and domestically domiciled manufacturing and trading companies and financial institutions should benefit from our flexible underwriting guidelines and availability of country limits. Traditional failure to pay insurance coverage is available on private obligors as well as public sector sovereign and non-sovereign entities. On the political risk side, currency inconvertibility, non-transfer risk, confiscation, expropriation, nationalization and deprivation insurance are several of the perils that Ironshore will consider.
- Limits $40M
Exploration, development and production assets and activities, offshore and onshore. Production platforms, Mobile Offshore Drilling Units, Floating Production Storage and Offloading vessels (FPSO), Offshore Construction activities, Operators Extra Expense for lease operators and non-operators.
- Capacity of $35M