The construction industry is prone to volatility and risk. Financial pressures and liabilities can be immense. Since no two projects are alike, their insurance strategies should be equally customized. From small general contracting jobs to large-scale developments, Ironshore’s construction unit has the leadership and knowledge to understand market indicators and properly protect your business for sustained growth.
Our team of production specialists and claims representatives collaborate to provide customized solutions for the complex risks of the construction industry. From surety, builders risk, professional liability, environmental, stand-alone terrorism coverage to Marine Cargo and wrap-up insurance, we offer a full suite of solutions available for your construction project needs.
Ironshore’s Builders Risk program provides comprehensive coverage for construction projects including hot testing and delay in completion. Coverage is available for both domestic and international locations with terms up to 60 months. Coverage for completed toll roads and bridges is also available.
- Builders Risk capacity is up to $100M under most favorable conditions
- Tier 1 critical cat capacity is available
Project Cargo and Marine Delay in Start Up
Ironshore’s Project Cargo team is a respected global leader in this area. From LNG plants, power stations and wind farms to methanol plants, we lead, we manage, we understand. Wordings include comprehensive cargo coverage from manufacturer to final site. Delay in start up is covered using the most up-to-date and equally comprehensive wordings. Surveys are managed by CSL Global, our global survey partner.
- Our capacity for the class is up to $250M per project
Architects and Engineers Liability
IronPro Architects and Engineers Liability provides protection to design professionals and their firms against claims alleging design flaws and/or defects resulting from rendering professional services to a third party. Primary and excess coverages are available.
Environmental: Contractors Environmental Legal Liability (CELL)
CELL responds to 3rd Party Bodily Injury, Property Damage and Cleanup of Environmental Damages resulting from pollution incidents caused by their work at a job site and includes pollution liability during transportation and non-owned waste disposal site coverage. CELL is offered on an occurrence basis and can be written on a practice, project, or wrap-up basis.
- Minimum Premium of $2,500
- Limits up to $50M
IronBond - Surety
Ironshore through its IronBond platform provides surety bond solutions to numerous construction clients in the federal, environmental, developer and commercial space. Ironshore is licensed to write surety in all 50 states and Washington, DC. The Ironshore group of companies are A rated by A.M. Best and are approved by the United States Treasury.
- $10M per individual bond
- $25M aggregate bond program
(Additional capacity is available for qualifying risks.)
Terrorism & Sabotage
Covers worldwide property damage (commercial and residential) resulting from terrorism and sabotage including the risk of business interruption. Includes defense and debris removal costs and professional fees.
Full value or first loss.
- Maximum Capacity: up to $340M for any one risk
Specialty Casualty Construction
Ironshore’s Specialty Casualty Construction unit offers custom-built construction risk solutions, including residential and commercial wrap-ups/project specific policies, and practice general liability, umbrella & excess policies for subcontractors, commercial general contractors and construction-related businesses.
- $10M-$50M available depending on class & attachment
Designer & Contractors Professional Liability (DCPL)
Ironshore’s Designer & Contractors Professional Liability (DCPL) team of production and risk management specialists, includes experienced experts dedicated to providing quality products and services to architects, engineers and design-build contractors throughout the construction industry. Whether the method of project delivery is Design-Build, Design Assist, Bridging, Integrated Project Delivery (IPD), Public, Private Partnership (P3), or traditional Design-Bid-Build, our team is uniquely positioned to provide tailored and innovative insurance coverage solutions and industry specific risk management services to mitigate circumstances and resolve claims expediently and efficiently.
Limits of Insurance:
- Up to $10MM
- Retentions starting at $10,000 Each Claim
Owners Protected & Professional Indemnity (OPPI)
Owners Protective Professional Indemnity (OPPI) is coverage purchased by an Owner for a specific construction project to provide insurance protection on two levels:
- The OPPI Insurance product would indemnify the Owner for rst party loss resulting from the Owner’s design professionals’ or design builders’ negligence in their provision of professional services when damages are in excess of the design professionals’ or design builders’ available professional liability insurance policies; and
- The OPPI Insurance product would provide a defense and pay damages for third party claims made against the Owner for negligent performance of professional services performed by the design professional or design builder retained by the Owner on the Owner’s project.
- Dedicated limits for the Owner for a specific project
- Supplements the design professional’s available limits providing additional coverage should underlying limits be exhausted through adjudication, mediation or settlement.
- Because OPPI is excess, sitting above collectable professional liability insurance, premiums are lower than traditional Project Speci c Policies.
- SIR applies to all third party claims and to rst party Owner indemnity claims only if the available underlying Professional liability insurance limits have been exhausted by payment of unrelated claims.
- Provides coverage, excess of a SIR, if the Design Professional of Design Builder fails to maintain their professional liability limits or discontinues their professional liability insurance.
- The OPPI policy can be tailored to respond with coverage even if the Owner executes a contractual Limitation of Liability with the Design Professional or Design Builder
- Minimum premiums is $15K for $1M limit
- Limits - $15M
Ironshore Market Focus:
Ironshore’s focus is to provide a product that enhances and complements other products offered by Ironshore in the Real Estate and Construction Divisions including Wrap–up and Owner Interest Policies, Builders Risk,
Environmental Policies and Stand Alone Terrorism Coverage. Appetite is for all infrastructure and public and private vertical construction projects